Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Child (Mary's prayer)



(Subterfuge)

To strip away the consequences of retribution, the consequences of falling… oh, indefinable. Were I allowed one selfish day per year to contemplate…to nourish? Absurd.

Why are the blessed lonely, untilled? An inquest, biblical in proportion; a maker’s wretched, terrible attempt to beseech reckoning?

Wallowing, unexplainable yearning. An ancient heart -- hardened, misled?
A discovered pathway is an enigma. Kaleidoscopic trials. Peeled back, insinuation of a chess game, it seems.
Never meaning to hurt; never meaning to lie. This bodes surrender. Godspeed.
(Confinement. Duplicity.)

Porcelain are the babies. Innocents, unaware. Players in the lark.

Egos inspire; egos need; egos destroy; egos diminish; egos caress; egos withstand. Alas…egos perpetuate. (The mystery of life -- solved, at last)

In my dreams I am jealous; I’m going out of my mind. Deny the creator. The maker is jealous, merciless, relentless -- out of its mind? Delicious ego.

Runes of the old world sing to my heart… the heart stirs, is kindled. A contradiction, a cruel tease? I am pulling away…waking up…untamed. A celestial test?

Desire (desperation) does bewitch. A God infected with himself… grotesque, unconquerable. I am smiling without composition; this I cannot help …a gift from The Father.

I cannot recreate your face…I can, however, see your child. You yearn to be free. I know you. Take the hand that is inside of you; the poet of your heart.

Behold your reflection now. You see…nothing. Take what is inside of you. See our reflection now? Paraclete.

Come child, rescue me.

Continue forth into the shadows…denied, and your mind will sell you sweet, woebegone dreams. As an old man, your mind screams. Will you take the hand that is inside of you; someone to bestow your diamond eyes?

Relieve yourself. Mimeo. Alas, you have seen fanciful things; will you allow them to die?
Misguided by everything -- until you catch the dragon. What you perceive first is not. I know you. Believe.

You go forth into the shadows, only to add more obscurity to your twilight. Your horizon, black. Descry! Yearn to hold the hand that is inside of you. Grasp!

Come child, rescue me.

You are awake to these diamonds now, knowing. But still…so cold; a hand around your neck. To deny, you would be sniping galaxies from the sky.

An angel whose aura is pink. Untaught. Ask her and she will…tabula rasa.

A stranger’s heart, finally met. Words have slipped from the side of your tongue. Put your hands inside of your head. Your weakness has filled you; it is not too late.

Come child, rescue me.

K.P.