Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Unfinished Projects

Unfinished Projects

Take me to a vineyard, under a full September moon, so that I may not forget. The blatant I give up, as you awaken me in the tasting rooms.

A cool cellar. Aromas of fermenting wine are prayers of a fertile production. It leaves me thinking…why not produce more?

Bathe me in the Bagno Vignoni. Together we'll search for wild truffles in the San Giovanni d’Asso. Let us find our souls in Arezzo, baptize ourselves in the Monte Argentario…

For we are rich in unfinished projects, my Love.

Walk me in the path of the pilgrims, amid aromatic bushes of rosemary and jasmine, on the ancient roads to La Fancigena.

As the wind kisses the olive trees at appointed times… let us similarly take up the task of yet another unfinished project.

K.P.
* for my husband